I have returned.
Hopefully for good because my lifestyle sort of escalated out of control and became super unhealthy.
So here I am, checking in the for day. After a night of drinks and good company, I needed a cleansing day.
-A footlong turkey sub on wheat bread with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, green peppers, a little light mayo and siracha sauce.
-lightly buttered popcorn
-homemade nachos with salsa
I drank soda which I regret but oh well. When I’m not with my boyfriend I don’t drink soda.
Then, I worked out.
-I have been doing a daily hula hooping challenge involving 30 minutes a day of hooping on my waist. I missed 2 days in a row so I owed an hour and a half to my hoops. Check.
-I then did the 30 day shred. Level one day one.
-then I did day 11 of the 30 day yoga challenge I’ve been doing.
So I’m content. I’m easing back into it slowly and I am hopeful I can keep this up!!
YOGA FOR HANDSTAND : Strenghten your arms, work your core, challenge your balance, do a handstand.
From top left, line by line :
- plank pose - chaturanga - upward facing dog - side plank
- forearm plank - side forearm plank - bridge pose variation - upward plank pose
- crow pose prep ( one leg up, hold for a few breaths) - modified side plank - half moon pose - extended cat pose
Preparing for inversions, getting used to be upside down :
- downward facing dog - dolphin pose ( preparing for forearm stand) - headstand prep ( lift one leg, hold, and eventually lift both legs to get into a headstand) - standing straddle pose ( preparing for tripod headstand)
- handstand prep - your success at doing a handstand
> Practice inversions against a wall, be careful !
Once you are comfortable in a headstand ( against a wall or not), move to forearm stand, and then practice handstand against the wall.